What are the steps to setting up a program?
A. Schedule a 90-minute appointment for Suzan to come to your facility.
B. During this initial appointment we
- Assess the goals and desired outcomes for your community,
- Discuss the range of needs to be met, exploring general building-wide trends to specific resident's issues, and
- Provide demo sessions to key staff members and decision makers. Direct experiences are vital to understand our modalities.
C. After this initial assessment, you will receive a written proposal that will include all of the implementation details - timing, cost, sample contract.
D. We get started on an agreed-upon start date!
To reflect varying needs at each site, we typically create programs that are building-specific. Each program is contracted through, and invoiced to, the facility for a set number of hours/week or month and can have a term of 12-months, 18-months, or 24-months.
Still Waters Wellness works in conjunction with your staff (nursing, administrative, therapy, social services, activities) to develop a case load based on internal referrals from staff.
Our practitioners track their work with these referrals, communicating progress and any concerns directly back to staff. A binder is maintained on-site with referral forms and progress notes.
We can employ a great deal of flexibility regarding who we see and where we work:
- If there is someone in crisis, we can work with them on the spot.
- Typically, most patients are seen in their rooms, as they are--in their bed or wheelchair.
- If available, we'll setup a massage table in an empty room (resident room, chapel, community room, etc.). This additional work space is needed if resident rooms are semi-private, as some residents prefer to receive their sessions in private.
- We can also work on staff and residents’ families when a secluded space is available.
Our fees range from $120-200 per hour depending on the programs: number of hours per week, length of contract term and number of buildings.
How many residents are attended?
Still Waters Wellness can work with 2-3 individual residents per hour, per practitioner.
We can also facilitate groups.
- Reiki groups are a great way to provide relaxation to any size group of residents at once.
- Bowenwork groups are developed with individuals with around common ailments/symptoms. For example, multiple residents with knee pain can be worked on as a group in a community room taking 30-45 minutes.
These groups are flexible - we can form them and dissolve them as needed.
All Still Waters Wellness services are available in a direct-invoiced program.
Enriching the amenities of your facility, a Resident-Paid program is chiefly a function of scheduling and providing a space for performing our services.
Still Waters Wellness practitioners come to your facility at regularly scheduled intervals (ideally, once a week) and set up in a community room. While we are at your facility, appointments are scheduled for the next on-site visit. For their appointments, your residents come to the community room for services and pay us directly at the time of service.
We also offer private, in-room/apartment sessions - again, scheduled in advance and paid directly to us.
We provide flyers and other notifications as reminders to the residents about our on-site schedule of services, discounts and coupons, and information about our services and the benefits. We rely on staff to distribute and post this information to alert the residents.
A Resident-Paid program lacks a certain spontaneity. Only those residents who have a scheduled appointment and funds to pay for it will find relief.
A 30-minute ‘community room’ session is $45.
A 60-minute private session is $200.
How many sessions are available?
Community room sessions serve up to 30 residents in a 3-hour time-slot.
Private, in-room sessions serve one resident an hour.
Pet Therapy Plus is not available for a Resident-Paid program.
Connect with us
Suzan Kearney, Program Director
phone: (972) 768-9892
What are People Saying?
- “My feet have never felt so good. They always hurt, but they don’t now.” (Chronic plantar fasciitis, injections were no help, still pain-free at follow-up six weeks later),
- “My whole week after I saw you was so PRODUCTIVE! It felt so good to get things done! Thank you!” (Nursing staff),
- “I’ve had this sciatica for months. 10 minutes of this treatment and it’s GONE. I almost don’t believe I ever had it.” (Resident),
- “I don’t feel as scared. There’s a peace for me about it.” (Patient facing big decision),